#1 – Speak Off The Cuff
Time: 5 – 7 minutes
* Develop an awareness of situations in which you might be called upon to deliver an impromptu speech.
* Understand how to prepare for impromptu speaking.
* Develop skill as a speaker in the impromptu situation by using one or more patterns to approach a topic under discussion; for example, comparing a past, present, and future situation, or before and after.
#2 – Uplift the Spirit
Time: 8 – 10 minutes
* Identify and understand the basic differences between inspirational speeches and other kinds of speeches.
* Learn how to evaluate audience feeling and develop emotional rapport.
* Develop a speech style and delivery that effectively expresses inspirational content by moving the audience to adopt your views.
#3 – Sell a Product
Time: 10 – 12 minutes
* Understand the relationship of sales technique to persuasion.
* Skillfully use the four steps in a sales presentation: attention, interest, desire, action.
* Identify and promote a unique selling proposition in a sales presentation.
#4 – Read Out Loud
Time: 12 – 15 minutes
* Arrive at an understanding of the elements that comprise oral interpretation and how it differs from preparing and giving a speech.
* Learn the preparation or planning techniques of effective interpretation.
* Learn the principles of presentation and develop skill in inerpretive reading with regard to voice and body as instruments of communication.
#5 – Introduce the Speaker
Time: duration of a club meeting
* Focus on the special occaision talk from the standpoint of the introducer (function, chairman, toastmaster, master of ceremonies).
* Become knowledgeable and skilled in the functions associated with the master of ceremonies.
* Handle the introduction of other speakers at a club meeting.