#1 – The Briefing
Time: 8 – 10 minutes for speech; 5 minutes for question period
* Apply the key steps in the preparation of a briefing and the organization of material.
* Give a briefing according to a specific objective so the audience will have an understanding of the information.
* Effectively handle a question-and-answer session following the briefing.
#2 – The Technical Speech
Time: 8 – 10 minutes
* Convet a technical paper or technical material and information into a technical speech.
* Organize a technical speech according to the inverted-pyramid approach.
* Write a technical speech as “spoken language,” not as an article.
* Give the speech by effectively reading out loud.
#3 – Manage and Motivate
Time: 10 – 12 minutes
* Understand the concept and nature of motivational methods in management.
* Apply a four step motivational method with the objectives to persuade and inspire.
* Deliver a motivational speech to persuade an audience to agree with your management proposal.
#4 – The Status Report
Time: 12 – 15 minutes
* Organize and prepare a status report involving the overall condition of a plan or program, or performance of a department or company in relation to goals.
* Construct the report according to a four step pattern.
* Give an effective presentation of the report.
#5 – Confrontation: The Adversary Relationship
Time: 5 minutes for speech; 10 minutes for question period
* Understand the definition and nature of the adversary relationship.
* Prepare for an adversary confrontation on a controversial management issue.
* Employ appropriate preparation methods, strategy, and techniques, for communicating with an adversary group as the representative of your company or corporation.