Our very first magnificent online meeting
What an absolutely magnificent first online EY Toastmasters meeting on the 7th of April. 🙂
We had our EY members, members from other Toastmasters clubs and wonderful new guests who all participated in our meeting.
We decided to do a Table Topics themed meeting to keep our first meeting light and positive. A lot of people stepped up to the plate and did an amazing job with their impromptu speeches on a variety of creative table topics.
We had an extraordinary Table Topics Session hosted by Yumna in which people got to practice their impromptu speech skills. Yumna had a couple of Powerpoint Slides with random questions. The Table Topics Speakers had to answer them. Some of the topics that were spoken about were these amongst a few others:
- Which is more important- intelligence or common sense?
- Give us a piece of advice in your best impression of Oprah’s voice.
- What’s your favourite random act of kindness?
- If you could be any age again for one week, what age would you be and why?
- Complete the sentence- “Did you know that I once…..”
- Your little child asks you how are babies made. Explain to the child to the best of your ability how babies are made.
- What was the naughtiest thing you ever did as a kid?
- If you could go back in time and talk to yourself at the age of ten, what advice would you give yourself?
- Where do you find inspiration?
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?
The Table Topics speakers were truly remarkable.
We look forward to seeing you at our next online EY Toastmasters meeting happening on the 23rd of April at 18:15. Stay tuned for more details. 🙂